20100802

I’m engaged! (for nearly a month).



11.07.10 - this date will forever be one of the dates I will remember the most.

Okay, here’s the thing..I knew about this but not all of it. I was asked to arrange a meeting between my family & his family. So, we decided to do it on Sunday, 11th July 2010. I was thinking our parents would just be talking about wedding things. It was set that they would be coming to my house at around 11am & we would have lunch together.

Then the day finally arrived. I was in the kitchen preparing tea when they arrived. Little did I know, they had a few things made for me (my sis was right, she did ask me if they were going to bring anything..a ring maybe)..which I ignored & said that I would have known about it,..& I said, we’re just going to discuss a few things. Oh boy, was I surprised..his brother & sisters (Iqram, Liyana, Aqilah & Lea) came with a basket of mixed fruits & 1 of red apples, muffins (his aunt made them), sireh, & the engagement ring. So, it turned out they had planned to do the ‘merisik’ & ‘tunang’. Along with them were his parents & 2 of his uncles (ayah ngah & ayah yai).

Shhhsh..don’t tell anyone, but I was quite ecstatic about this..I was teased the whole time by his siblings (he is the oldest of 10, thank god there were only 4 of them & Lea’s only 6..so she just gave me little smiles when I looked at her)..I swear I was blushing the whole time. Hehe.

And so..his mom placed the ring (a simple gold ‘belah rotan’ one with 4 white gold carved parts on it) on my ring finger & I was finally engaged. Wow. After nearly 7 years of being together..I was more than happy & his sisters & I quickly went to my room & took a few pictures. =p

Anyway, after our parents discussed..they ate the tid bits & appetizers that we prepared..owh, did I mention it was all Italian? I probably didn’t..well, it was. My mom & I made lasagna & spaghetti with bolognaise & pesto..& for dessert, I made panna cotta & we had watermelon (my sis brought it) too. We decided on Italian simply because my dad loves Italian food & since he doesn’t get to eat it often, I decided to go with it..plus, I have my mom who’s a great cook & Italian herself.  =)

So, while they were eating, I called..can you believe it?..my ‘fiancé’ & invited him over for lunch. When he arrived, there was another sweet surprise..we were colour coordinated! I was wearing a turquoise abaya & he wore a turquoise kurta. I was sooo happy to see him!

At about 3pm, they left..& I found myself looking at my ring..like every 5minutes or so. I was still getting used to it..I’m not really used to wearing any rings. I also took loads of pictures of myself with the ring. Can you imagine how excited I was? Hehe..

Well, that’s all. I now have a ‘fiancé’ rather than a boyfriend. How cool is that? I get to say fiancé all the time now!   =p

* I'll try to post some pictures..as soon as i figure out how to..hehe. Owh wow..i did it.


his parents & me.



for me..the muffins were delish! Thanks, auntie!   =)
me & my ring!
peace!    =)

, jM

No comments: