20110404

Wedding attires.

I will be wearing my sister’s baju kurung songket & Sadal will wear baju melayu (he says he doesn’t look good wearing the ‘teluk belanga’ style (which is a Johorian thing), we’ll see what he decides, might be ‘cekak musang’).

I am also playing around with the idea of having a kaftan/abaya-like dress (I wouldn’t want to be running around in a songket  =p). This is if we do decide on having the nikah & walimah done separately, be it on different venues or dates. I would be wearing the songket for nikah & a more casual attire for walimah (be it outdoors/indoors). So, if I do get another dress, Sadal will too (we have to match, don’t we?).

On the other hand, if we settle on a having the nikah & walimah joined on the same day & place...I um..I actually think I really want a kaftan/abaya-like dress (I have it pictured in my head already...). I also think that I should have something else which I can wear again instead of something that isn’t mine & unsuitable for events, maybe..something that we can both wear for our 1st Hari Raya Aidilfitri. So, what do I do? Do I just not wear my sister’s songket? Would it be too troublesome to have wardrobe changes?

I guess I’ll just have to discuss it yet again with my fiancé. Will update once we figure it out. How long do I need to settle this? 5 months prior?

* Oh man, Sadal's aunt has given me her songket fabric. Now what? Hmmmm...I'll update this part when I do actually have to make a decision.

Okbye.
 ♥

No comments: